Thursday, December 20, 2007

Wednesday is for Baclaran Church: Simbang Gabi Day 4


I'm still on my "Visita Iglesia 2007" which coincides with the Simbang Gabi and unlike before which I have my last minute decision of where and what place Church to go, this time it was my girlfriend Clarizze who suggested 2 days ago that we hear mass at Baclaran in Paranaque or the National Shrine of our Lady Of Perpetual Help.

It's wednesday and for most religious Filipinos, Baclaran is the number one place to go even in normal Wednesdays and not only during Christmas Season. Many believed that the Our Lady of Perpetual Help image is really one of the most miraculous among all images of the Virgin Mary. No wonder that thousands flocked in this Church yesterday for the fourth day of Simbang Gabi despite the slumpy streets of Paranaque along its way and the danger of snatchers notorious in all corners of its streets. This is the only church where in I've lost my concentration during the mass because I can't help to look at the people around me who really came from all walks of life.

Right now, I'm trying to figure out where to go later for Day 5 of Simbang Gabi. On my list are Paco Church and Ermita Church.

No comments: