Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Break- Ups 1

A break-up is absolutely the term used to coin an end to a relationship.

A friend asked me before a question that really haunted my mind from day 1. She asked me if why despite everything in a relationship like those never-ending arguments, overnight crying, fatigue and of course depression, people tend to still hold on and never command or initiate a break-up. I told my friend that in their case it's still easy to find an answer to your question. The solution is just a simple sense of humility as well as understanding of the whole situation. Never thinking of a possibility for a break-up may help but even if you taught about a single percent of a possibility for break-up, you still lose courage to push it forward because yes there is still love and if you do not call it love for some, the memories are just simply hard to forget.

Then she asked me again, that is their situation and how about yours? There are never-ending arguments, jealousy, depression and a plus factor that I admitted that I have never yet seen my future to that person where I am right now. I know it's too ironic to explain. So let me dissect some things to you. To summarize the whole story of my life, I kept asking myself why I never initiate a break-up despite a relationship which is almost taken for granted everyday. I kept thinking of looking for answer to that question but then I ended up formulating a reason and not an answer.

My reason- simply because break-up words and declarations such as "it's over", "we need space", "it's too complicated" are reasons that are repeated over and over again by people who commit the same mistake and who goes back to the same scenario in almost all of their relationships. I told the one who asked me that if I'm going to initiate a break-up with my girlfriend, then I would tell her no other words but simply "I wish I never met you". Then she told me its too sarcastic. But then I answered its brief and concise. I think the explanation is already in the reason or statement I formulated.

That is the same reason that has haunted for so many long time that I am afraid losing someone. It's not that love is always a factor, but because in all situations, there is fear you need to face. It is the fear that hurts the most. To coin a word and prepare for a mock break-up is easy even if you just practice the whole thing in front of a mirror. To tell it to the person you've been with and you've dreamed and wished that would change in the coming days just makes your feet tremble each and every moment you keep thinking of initiating a break-up.


No comments: