Monday, March 17, 2008

Yawner

Many I guess would agree with me if I write in this blog that the victory yesterday of Manny Pacquiao over Mexican Juan Manuel Marquez wasn't a convincing one. It was just not the same Manny Pacquiao who fought in the ring the last time they met in 2004. It was a lackluster performance.


It was a close fight from the beginning up to the end but it wasn't an exciting one. It did not come up to the expectation of many Filipinos that it will end with Manny sending Marquez to the canvass to win by KO. Yes, Marquez was down on the third round and it was I guess the only exciting part of the match. Rounds 4,5,6 was even a yawner. Manny Pacquiao came back in rounds 8,9, 10 and 11 but at the last round, it's very evident that the counter-punching style of Marquez is very effective.

I'm happy that he won the fight because it's the fight of his life I guess. It's a title bout but I hope he do better in his next fight, not only in training but inside the ring whether it will be David Diaz or Valero or Guzman.

He is I guess one big reason why we should be proud of being a Filipino.

No comments: