Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Oh BAAO, My Baao; WTF is wrong with YOU?



BAAO, Camarines Sur - described by Wikipedia as a 4th class municipality in the province of Camarines Sur, Philippines. According to the 2000 census, it has a population of 46,693 people in 8,496 households.

Hometown of famous personalities; to name a few:

Senator Joker Arroyo
Bishop Jorge Barlin - The First Filipino Bishop
Fr. Joaquin Bernas S.J. - Dean of Ateneo Law School
Beatriz Saw - PBB Season 2 BIG Winner


Yesterday,

BAAO once again made the news, this time in TV PATROL world of ABS-CBN.
It was the first time I saw my town BAAO being featured in a major TV newscast.

I asked myself: What's the interesting news about BAAO for it to be featured in TV Patrol?

Here's a clip I got from YOUTUBE:



I thought at first that Julius Babao would feature the beauty of the place or the hospitality of its people. I was wrong.

The news is about the flood throughout the whole Peninsula of Bicol particularly the Barangay of Sta Eulalia in Baao, Camarines Sur.

I asked myself again:

Why would they feauture Sta. Eulalia, Baao Camarines Sur when it was reported by INQUIRER that the major affected areas of the flood were Masbate, Sorsogon and Albay? And if I would recall, the heavy rains which caused the flood was reported about 4 days ago already.

The logic is: If the flood-prone provinces of Masbate and Sorsogon were not in the news anymore, does it mean that the governement of those areas have already made ways on how they have controlled the flood 2 days ago? And BAAO which is not a prominent flood-prone area in Camarines Sur still has not yet managed how to control the F****** flood in Sta. Eulalia?

or Is there anybody out there who cares about Sta. Eulalia?



That is

TWO HUNDRED RESIDENTS were affected and still nobody cares?

TWO HUNDRED hungry RESIDENTS and still nobody cares?

What the hell is our local government doing to control the flood?
A flood which has surfaced the barangay of Sta. Eulalia for about three or four days already?

And did I hear the ABS-CBN reporter right?
"NGO's were the ones helping those people in the barangay?"

What happened to the LOCAL GOVERNEMENT?
What are they doing?

I was expecting someone I knew from the local government to appear in the news just to say something about the flood or maybe to reach out some relief goods but none of them is present.

Where in the hell are these people hiding?

MAYOR

BONGCAYAO, QUIRINO JR. G. 9,341
VICE-MAYOR

BADIOLA, NORMAN EDUARDO P. 9,047
COUNCILORS
1 BOLALIN, MIGUEL JR. B. 8,011
2 BUENA, LUCY B. 7,987
3 BRIONES, VICTORIA B. 6,780
4 BEDURAL, EDWIN P. 6,657
5 BALLESTEROS, ZEFERINO JR. B. 6,189
6 VARGAS, ANALYN B. 6,174
7 BUSTILLA, JAYSON PEDRO JR. B. 6,017
8 BACSAIN, EDUARDO B. 5,926


Those were the figures or the number of votes that made them elected officials of the town.

and I ask them one thing now: Can all of you please return the favor?

Or would you just want us to believe that you were just 10 imbecile and morons wherever you are in your seats right now?


BAAO is composed of 30 BARANGAYS(not 29) and about 50.000 people. And you should serve each and every one of them.

Sta. Eulalia needs your help and all I can do right now is pray for those 200 plus residents living in that area that they could see light by the next morning and walk, not swim, the next time they set their feet on the ground.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dino! Pardon my apathety, agko Barangay Sta. Eulalia sa Baao? Seryoso? I'm not aware. Sorry. Hehe.

Anyways, nice entry. Uda talaga kwenta a opisyal sa Baao.