Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Ignoratio elenchi: Janina San Miguel

Everyone is talking about the answer of 2008 Binibining Piliponas World Janina San Miguel during the Binibining Pilipinas pageant which was aired on GMA7 last Saturday evening up to Sunday midnight. It's the hottest issue right now because I guess nobody cares of the other San Miguel in The Senate inquiry right now.

So, here is the link to the video:





Here's her answer to the question raised by Miss Vivienne Tan

Vivienne Tan: The question is, what role did your family play to you as candidate to Binibining Pilinas?

Janina San Miguel:

"Well, my family's role for me is so important b'coz there was the wa- they're, they was the one who's... very... Hahahaha... Oh I'm so sorry, Ahhmm... My pamily... My family... Oh my god... I'm...(Paolo Bediones: Pwede ka magtagalog,ok lang) Ok, I'm so sorry... I... I told you that I'm so confident... Eto, Ahhmm, Wait... Hahahaha, Ahmmm, Sorry guys because this was really my first pageant ever b'coz I'm only 17 years old and ahahaha I, I did not expect that I came from, I came from one of the taft 10. Hmmm, so... but I said dot my family is the most important persons in my life. Thank you."


Her answer and the whole process was very similar to the Miss Teen South Carolina who gained media publicity in the USA just last year when asked what could be the reason why many Americans can't locate USA in the world map.

Janina San Miguel? Mass Communications student from The University Of The East.

Janina San Miguel? Recent winner of a prestigious beauty pageant with surely a disgraceful answer to a very simple question that even I guess an 8-year old could answer in the Little Miss Philippines of Eat Bulaga.

There is really no issue regarding San Miguel's answer to the question raised by Vivienne Tan even though living in a country wherein English being the second language she should have answered it with grace and smartly. There is no issue about her answer that is obviously very senseless. There is no issue regarding her behavior on the stage on a major beauty contest doing the "hahaha", "teka", "taft 10" and so on.

The issue why so many people are irate over her and why she is the talk of the town these days is because of HOW POSSIBLY COULD SHE HAVE WON the TITLE?

People, I personally BELIEVE that SHE DOESN'T DESERVE THE TITLE. Why?

Okay, I understand that there is room for improvement on that lady and that she could practice so that on the real MISS WORLD she wouldn't blew herself and disgrace this NATION of NUTHOUSE but basically the main reason why I think she should have not won the title is because it is a once-in-lifetime beauty and brains contest. Yes undeniably she's beautiful but it's not just a beauty contest. In the line of fire is that she'll be representing this country to the whole world and The Binibining Pilipinas Pageant is obviously the ACID TEST. The question and answer portion would let the viewers decide who would really could have won the title because they were the one listening to the answers of the candidates. The judges do the same thing only that they are the annointed person who would score the over-all performance of the candidates that include and I guess a lot of portion to the CRITERIA belongs to the Q&A segment. The pageant did not happen on the next day but SATURDAY. If that would be the case, then why would the organizers stage a SEARCH event and WHY would they INCLUDE a QUESTION and ANSWER PORTION when the eventual winner would not obviously reflect to the ANSWER during the Q&A portion. The Q&A portion is obviously the "Grand Daddy" of every beauty pageant and why let her win when in fact, even if you get the thought to her answer which would turned out to be "MY FAMILY ARE THE MOST IMPORTANT PERSONS IN THE WORLD" would still be senseless to the question.

How could they let her won the TITLE?

Another thing is that she could have simply bagged the award as 2nd-runner up or even the 1st-Runner up if they really wanted to give that lady something sort of a consolation but GOD DAMN, not the MISS WORLD TITLE. Obviously it would be unfair to other candidates included in the TAFT(top) 10 that have smartly answer their own questions.

But I guess it's no wonder how she WON because included in the PANEL OF JUDGES are Dennis Trillo, Marian Rivera and Chris Tiu. Need I say more? GMA7, where is your CREDIBILITY now huh?

No comments: