Sunday, June 8, 2008

2010 BAAO ELECTION: A PRIMER

This would be my first post about my not-so-recent vacation in BAAO and I'll be blogging about my observations about politics in the area and what could possibly happen in 2010.

I'm not a political analyst or even someone who holds a degree about the topic but I just noticed that everytime I go back to my hometown, people there seems to be always interested in this subject as part of their chismisan that even those "parapapadyak" could give you first hand info's regarding what's-hot-what's-not in the place.

Let's get to the topic now. The not-so-newly elected mayor is I guess doing his thing. His style and his rules. He demolished the CHICKEN STATUE along Diversion Road( I was irritated with that chicken actually when it was there). He romoved all signages with reference to the former mayor in public places like the waiting shed at the PUBLIC MARKET and put his BIG name on it. I even had a close encounter with him during the KAOGMA festival when AKINA represented our town in that singing competition because gladly, the local governement assisted us during the competition at the last minute. Better late to help than never. But, with VOUCHER of course. I guess you know what I mean. He was indeed a jolly person. He was jumping and jumping as soon as my auntie won the event. Maybe those news I've heard about him in the past were really true that only his sons were the headache in the town. A la ERAP. My MOM had a chance to talk with him and my mom said that all throughout their conversation, the MAYOR was actually fuming about all those corruptions allegedly done by the former Mayor that he even had the office to be renovated and repainted because all left of him in the office were old and disfunctional tables and chairs.My mom just replied that he should get used to POLITICS and its system.

Im not yet done with him. BUT....

One thing I've noticed about the place is the ASPHALT OVERLAY PROJECT they did along the NATIONAL HIGHWAY extending thru IRIGA, NABUA, and BAAO which is really a positive development in the place. The whole PROJECT was made possible thru the efforts of the 3rd district representative, the FORMER MAYOR and the INCUMBENT VICE MAYOR. Yeap, you've heard it right. The former mayor and incumbent vice mayor who once slugged it out during the 2007 elections for the vice mayoralty post were now good allies. Actually, of the 8 Municipal councilors of Baao, only two of them remained as ally of our incumbent mayor. The rest were on the other side of the fence including the Vice Mayor as I've said earlier. hmmm.. I love that picture I have posted above. Perfect for this topic isn't it?

But that is politics I believe. Today you're on one side where you can harvest those fruits but the next morning you might be on the other side of the fence to harvest more fruits. I already doubted their loyalty in the first place. I knew even before the election that they would split up sooner or later because of conflict of interest. The vice mayor could be eyeing the top spot anytime and one of the municipal councilor is also a former mayor who might as well be interested for a better pasture. As a matter of fact, people knew all throughout the election CAMPAIGN that the ONLY reason they SIDED with the incumbent Mayor today is because they lack CAMPAIGN Funds. they were all after the money. Even one big reason why the Mayor won the election was still about money I have nothing against the former mayor in fact I've worked for him during the election and the batch supported their ticket but maybe this time he should be more careful choosing friends and allies like what I will tell you in this next blind item.

OK so here's the cream of the crop.

My mom asked me to meet one of the staff at the Mayor's office one afternoon to follow-up the requirements for the singing competition which would be submitted to the PROVINCIAL gov't. the following day. I did not find the person I was looking for but I guess it's the secretary who gladly referred me to one of the SUPERVISOR regarding CULTURAL CHUVA EKK EKK of our town. I don't know the exact position so forgive me for the term. I was thinking of one peroson who could possibly be that SUPERVISOR and I was never wrong. It was him. Well, his resume would surely make him qualified for that job being a former band trainor in the public high school and a former topnotcher councilor of BAAO but there is one thing wrong on his track record. I'm not sure of the exact year when this controversy happened but I guess it was 2005. After winning the top spot as councilor of BAAO, this man was surely enjoying the limelight given to him as a top caliber personality in the town being a councilor. Everybody knows him. He was probably the most popular ally of the former MAYOR when he ran alongside in that ticket. He earned respect. He deserved everything until....

One day, while the mayor was out for a official trip, a CONTRACT/PROJECT involving A VERY LARGE AMOUNT OF MONEY to be withdrawn from the PUBLIC FUNDS needs to be signed by the MAYOR. I guess he served as a CHAIRMAN in one of those committees regarding the project so he has first hand involvement with this. Since the mayor was not in office, what this RETARD did was FORGE the signature of the MAYOR and then afterwards, withdraw the money because he was thinking he has legal documents. What he did not know was the news spread until the Mayor knew of this thing already and the whole EMPLOYEES of the MUNISIPYO were aware of his CONTROVERSY.

This is an obvious form of CORRUPTION and CRIME. You never forge a signature in a legal document involving COLD CASH; PUBLIC FUNDS unless you want to go to MANDALUYONG and have yourself CONFINED there for the rest of your life. After the whole story broke out into the public scene, and after his family were humiliated because of what happened, I guess he quit his JOB(forgive me here but i'm not sure) as councilor. Other speculated he just made a LEAVE OF ABSENCE and otherspeculations also was that he returned the money. And as soon as the new mayor was inducted into office, he was once again showed his face to the public and and is now currently working as that SUPERVISOR. Which is I think ridiculous. you know what I mean. The fucking retard has history of corruption and dishonesty working as a public servant and then what, you're gonna hire/appoint him with a new job as a public servant AGAIN? That is FUCKING A isn't it?

(you want clue right? GOOGLE the retard. Keywords? dog_garfield + president_malacanang)

If ever he's making a comeback career in politics, then I believe it would reaLLY be a battle of retards in the 2010 elections with lots of RABBITS hopping from one place to another.

Anyways, that would be it for now. These are all my PERSONAL OPINIONS. IF you don't like it, then fine with me.

I will leave you with this quotation: "The Truth Will Set You Free; but First, It Will Piss You Off.

No comments: