Monday, January 28, 2008

Here is a Legacy

OK. I love basketball. I love the NBA.
I love those dunks. MJ is surely a god.
Kobe would be the best dramatic actor.
And still I am wishing that T-Mac be healthy this season.


Despite all of that, it's the Filipino blood running throughout my veins.
And when it comes to sports,
basketball would always have the same meaning as PBA.



Forget the Super Bowl.

It's SEMIS time in PASAY and soon a crunch time in the Big Dome.
4 Teams left.
The Bulls(not Chicago),
The Aces(still a milk),
the Realtors(ready for landslide)

and of course...

the best of them all...




The GIANTS.



I was born 1989.
A year they started their magical campaign.
Led by The Captain Alvin Patrimonio - the original "Idol",

It has always been 3G's since then:

Glamor
Glory Years
and Ginormous Fighting Spirit



20 Years have passed and it's now a LEGACY for the team.


For me, it's called Tradition.

My Mom influenced me...

*photo-op with Alvin Patrimonio at Naga City back in the mid-'90s

*My first step at the Astrodome of a live PBA game
between the Purefoods TJ Hotdogs against The SWIFT team

*Another Photo-Op with "BIG Daddy James" and the gang
hours before they won the Last Crown in 2k6

*Savoring the victory in 2006 against the bitter rival Barakos

and of course... playing basketball with them
when I was still a kid through my imagination
at our yard... and sometimes at my notebooks with my own drawings

and I'm going to do the same for the next generation.


But for now...

It's SEMIS time... and...

I'm gonna count every single basket
made by another legend
we are witnessing




a team of full of SPIRIT and DETERMINATION...



...and count every win...as I see another VICTORY in the making.


Fuck Brgy. Ginebra coz they are losers.
Same with TNT and SMB(magnolia) which are posers.

We are a team to beat.
and this is not luck... but we call it DESTINY.

We are Marching. Witness The Second Coming

No comments: